ISO 27001:2013 (ISMS) (Information Security Management System)
What is 27001:2013?
The ISO 27001:2013 is an international standard specifies the management of security system and manages the risks to the security of information you hold. The certification to ISO 27001 allows you to demonstrate your clients that you are managing, operating, monitoring, measuring, reviewing, executing and improving a documented Information Security Management System under your control. ISO 27001:2005 provides a set of standardized requirements for an information security management system, to implement the security controls which are customized to the needs of individual organizations.
Benefits of ISO 27001:2013
- Safeguard clients information and manage information security professionally
- Supervise the risks to information security effectively
- Achieve compliance
- Protect your organization from security incidents that could destroy your reputation
- Protects organization’s image
- Create a manageable, efficient methodology approach to ensure regulatory compliance
- Enhance control over business assets
- Improve organization image and reputation
- Increase customer satisfaction
How do you implement ISO 27001:2013?
- First know the requirements by ISO 27001:2013 Standard and how to apply for it
- Select a Registrar
- Hand over a document list that specifies the scope of compliance
- Create a management framework for information
- Identify the security risk
- Selection and implementation of controls
- Implement a security awareness program
- Make sure that the security procedures documented and implemented
- Regularly review the risk assessment plan for continual improvement