ISO 50001:2018 Certification
Used by organizations across the world to manage and reduce energy use and costs, ISO 50001 is an excellent framework to help implement an energy management system (EnMS). From large retailers to smaller manufacturers and small businesses, the standard offers organizations the opportunity to become more resilient against energy costs and availability. Whether you’re interested in certifying to ISO 50001 to reduce costs, comply with legislation or improve your sustainability, implementing the standard provides a systematic approach to achieving all three.
ISO 50001 is based on the management system model of continual improvement.
The standard provides a framework of requirements for organizations to:
- Develop a policy for more efficient use of energy
- Fix targets and objectives to meet the policy
- Use data to better understand and make decisions about energy use
- Measure the results
- Review how well the energy policy is working
Benefits To Organizations
- Decreased energy consumption and expenditures
- Customer, statutory and regulatory compliance
- Increased customer, stakeholder and consumer confidence in products
- Improved risk management
- Integration with other ISO management systems